Prevention for Owners/Operators of Petting Zoos or Agricultural Fairs
- Make easy for adults and children to wash their hands.
- Install hand washing stations at the animal exibit area exit.
- Ensure that stations are low enough for small children.
- Separate areas where people eat from animals areas
- Train staff about preventing disease transmission between humans and animals
- Remind visitors to wash their hands
- Post hand washing signs (Download Example poster)
- Serve or allow food in animal areas
- Allow unsupervised children in animal areas